Therapy from the comfort 0f home.
Have an appointment?
We offer Online Therapy (Telehealth) services to clients residing in South Korea in accordance with the standards set forth by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the American Psychological Association (APA). We use a video conferencing application through SimplePractice™ that is designed specifically for clinicians to hold online sessions, and provides a safe yet accessible experience for live video sessions. It’s similar to Zoom, but its full-encryption and HIPAA-compliance keeps your privacy preserved and sessions confidential.
All of our therapists are available for online sessions. Click here to enter your therapist’s virtual waiting room.
how to prepare for your online therapy session
- A strong internet connection is the most important factor in having a clear and uninterrupted online therapy session.
- Turn off any other devices that are connected to the internet (phones, tablets, etc.) or temporarily disable their WiFi connection. Consider asking others who share your internet connection to temporarily log-off their devices while you are in session.
- Close all other applications on your computer or device, and stop any downloads that may be taking up bandwidth.
- Choose a location for the session that is close to your internet router.
- Set up your computer, tablet, or other device in a private location free from distractions and where you will not be overheard.
- Lighting should be aimed toward the front of you. Avoid sitting with a window or a bright source of light behind you.
- Using earphones or a microphone headset greatly improves overall sound quality and prevents a distracting echo or feedback that can be caused by hearing oneself through the computer speaker.
- Make sure your camera is eye-level and that your face is fully visible on your screen.
- Once your Online Therapy session has started, position your therapist’s live video image at the top and center of your computer screen, right below your camera. This will enable you to make good eye contact during the session.